Sustainable Building Module, NC Certificate of Completion
A two-course module showing the usefulness/sustainability/marketing feasibility of the reuse of construction materials (from remodels and new construction), and the processes leading to reuse: deconstruction, repurposing, refurbishing, and reuse.
|CTV NC021||Deconstruction and ReUse||0|
|CTV NC022||Repurposing and Refurbishing||0|
- Formulate a plan for deconstructing a building by identifying all salvageable materials and their removal including the proper tools and procedures to use.
- Identify the dangers and safety issues of deconstructing buildings and the proper steps to take to mitigate them.
- Identify worthwhile (marketable or niche) materials to save and reuse
- Describe deconstruction-repurposing-refurbishing-reuse marketing path
- Identify the tools needed for refurbishing various materials