Real Estate, Associate in Science (AS)
The Associate Degree will be awarded upon completion of department and college requirements.
|ACCT 230||Financial Accounting||5|
|BLAW 101||Business Law||4|
|RE 101||Real Estate Principles||3|
|RE 102||Real Estate Practices||3|
|RE 203||Real Estate Finance||3|
|RE 204||Legal Aspects Of Real Estate||3|
|RE 205||Real Estate Appraisal (Residential)||3|
|RE 207||Property Management||3|
Note: Each required course must be completed with a minimum grade of “C”.
The Associate Degree will be awarded upon completion of both department and college requirements. These include:
- Complete all department requirements with a “C” or better or “P” in each course. Candidates for an Associate Degree are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Complete a general education option (Option 1: SBCC General Education and Institutional and Information Competency; Option 2: IGETC; Option 3: CSU GE Breadth). General Education options allowed for each Associate Degree program vary. Refer to http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/degrees_certificates.php for a list of General Education options for each SBCC Associate Degree program;
- Other graduation requirements as outlined on the Graduation Requirements page.
- Analyze common real estate problems, apply appropriate solutions, and interpret outcomes.
- Meet career preparation goals, as well as prepare for a state licensing exam.
- Explain the process for making home purchase or sale decisions and completing real estate transactions.
- Demonstrate mastery of program-specific concepts and skills. (e.g., understand theory and application in real estate finance, investments, property management and financial institutions).