Business Administration, Associate of Science (AS)
The Business Administration AS Degree program specifically provides core courses for the business student seeking a terminal degree. The curriculum includes the core elements and skills necessary to acquire gainful employment in a wide variety of industries. The curriculum targets the following personal skills which are woven into courses throughout the curriculum: communication, teamwork, law, technology, accounting, finance, critical thinking and adapting to change. The Business Administration degree emphasizes both practical and fundamental business knowledge necessary to enter into the workforce.
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A minimum of 12 units through SBCC.
|ACCT 110||Introduction to Accounting||4|
|BLAW 110||Legal Environment of Business||4|
|BUS 101||Introduction To Business||3|
|CIS 101||Introduction to Computers and Information Systems||4|
|FIN 202||Managerial Finance||3|
|MGMT 101||Introduction To Management||3|
|MGMT 102||Leadership in Organizations||3|
|BUS 290||Work Experience in Business Administration||1-4|
- Meet the requirements for successful transfer to a UC/CSU program in Business Economics and/or Business Administration.
- Analyze the external environment of business as a means of assessing the threats and opportunities confronting businesses in the 21st century.
- Define, analyze and devise solutions for complex business problems and issues by using logical reasoning patterns.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of the legal and ethical issues confronting today’s contemporary organizations.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.