Business Administration, Associate in Arts (AA)
|ACCT 230||Financial Accounting||5|
|ACCT 240||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BLAW 101||Business Law||4|
|or BLAW 110||Legal Environment Of Business|
|BUS 101||Introduction To Business||3|
|CIS 101||Introduction To Computers And Information Systems||4|
|Work Experience In Business Administration|
ACCT 210 and ACCT 220 will also satisfy these requirements.
Note: Each required course must be completed with a minimum grade of “C”.
The Associate Degree will be awarded upon completion of both department and college requirements. These include:
- Complete all department requirements with a “C” or better or “P” in each course. Candidates for an Associate Degree are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Complete a general education option (Option 1: SBCC General Education and Institutional and Information Competency; Option 2: IGETC; Option 3: CSU GE Breadth). General Education options allowed for each Associate Degree program vary. Refer to http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/degrees_certificates.php for a list of General Education options for each SBCC Associate Degree program;
- Other graduation requirements as outlined on the Graduation Requirements page.
- Meet the requirements for successful transfer to a UC/CSU program in Business Economics and/or Business Administration.
- Analyze the external environment of business as a means of assessing the threats and opportunities confronting businesses in the 21st century.
- Define, analyze and devise solutions for complex business problems and issues by using logical reasoning patterns.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of the legal and ethical issues confronting today’s contemporary organizations.