Business Administration, Skills Competency Award (SCA): Level I
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|BUS 101||Introduction To Business||3|
|ENT 204||Global Entrepreneurship||3|
|MGMT 101||Introduction To Management||3|
|Select 3 units of Controlled Electives from the following:||3-4|
|Introduction to Accounting|
|Legal Environment Of Business|
|Introduction to Computers and Information Systems|
|Communication in Organizations|
or COMM 162
|Mediated Communication in Organizations|
or ECON 102H
- Utilize the basic steps necessary to investigate and evaluate new business opportunities.
- Apply the basic steps in the strategic planning process necessary for the development of a new business venture.
- Utilize a four (4) square SWOT matrix to strategically assess the internal and external business environment.
- Make use of the steps necessary to effectively manage a diverse workforce.
- Manage the value-chain in an organization as a means of achieving superior quality, efficiency and responsiveness to the customer.