Business Administration, Skills Competency Award (SCA): Level II
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. In addition, in order to receive the Level II Skills Competency Award, students must have successfully completed the requirements specified in the SCA in Business Administration, Level I (12-13 units). Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|Business Administration, Level I Requirements||12-13|
|BUS 103||Business Mathematics||3|
|ENT 208||Business Plan Development||3|
|MGMT 102||Leadership In Organizations||3|
|Select 3 units of Controlled Electives from the following: 1||3-4|
|Introduction to Accounting|
|Legal Environment Of Business|
|Introduction to Computers and Information Systems|
|Communication in Organizations|
or COMM 162
|Mediated Communication in Organizations|
or ECON 102H
Cannot be the same as those controlled electives selected to complete the SCA in Business Administration, Level I
- Employ the appropriate techniques necessary to positively influence employee morale and motivation.
- Distinguish between cross-cultural and gender-based perspectives in order to effectively serve in a leadership capacity.
- Develop a formal business plan for the creation of a new business venture.
- Analyze the availability of capital, labor, raw materials, and other key resources necessary for the creation (continuation) of a new/existing business venture.
- Assess the market potential of a new product/service within the marketplace.
- Calculate the cost of various methods of finance charges and deferred payment.
- Analyze the key variables found in a balance sheet and income statement.