Business Administration, Skills Competency Award (SCA): Level II
This program offers occupational and professional programs in business which meet the needs of students planning to obtain immediate employment, retrain, or take courses to enhance their understanding of the environment in which they work and live.
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|BUS 101||Introduction To Business||3|
|ENT 204||Global Entrepreneurship||3|
|ENT 208||Business Plan Development||3|
|FIN 202||Managerial Finance||3|
|MGMT 101||Introduction To Management||3|
|MGMT 102||Leadership in Organizations||3|
|Complete two courses from the following:||6-8|
|Introduction to Accounting|
|Legal Environment of Business|
|Introduction to Computers and Information Systems|
|Communication in Organizations|
or COMM 162
|Mediated Communication in Organizations|
or ECON 101H
or ECON 102H
- Employ the appropriate techniques necessary to positively influence employee morale and motivation.
- Distinguish between cross-cultural and gender-based perspectives in order to effectively serve in a leadership capacity.
- Develop a formal business plan for the creation of a new business venture.
- Analyze the availability of capital, labor, raw materials, and other key resources necessary for the creation (continuation) of a new/existing business venture.
- Assess the market potential of a new product/service within the marketplace.
- Calculate the cost of various methods of finance charges and deferred payment.
- Analyze the key variables found in a balance sheet and income statement.