Business Administration, Skills Competency Award (SCA): Level II
|Skills Competency Award Requirements|
|Students must have successfully completed the requirements specified in the SCA in Business Administration, Level I||12-13|
|BUS 103||Business Mathematics||3|
|ENT 208||Business Plan Development||3|
|MGMT 102||Leadership In Organizations||3|
|Select 3 units of selected from the following: 1||3-4|
|Introduction to Accounting|
|Legal Environment Of Business|
|Introduction To Computers And Information Systems|
|Communication in Organizations|
or COMM 162
|Mediated Communication in Organizations|
Cannot be the same as those controlled electives selected to complete the SCA in Business Administration, Level I
Students must complete the above courses with the grade of “C” or higher or pass in all courses. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Employ the appropriate techniques necessary to positively influence employee morale and motivation.
- Distinguish between cross-cultural and gender-based perspectives in order to effectively serve in a leadership capacity.
- Develop a formal business plan for the creation of a new business venture.
- Analyze the availability of capital, labor, raw materials, and other key resources necessary for the creation (continuation) of a new/existing business venture.
- Assess the market potential of a new product/service within the marketplace.
- Calculate the cost of various methods of finance charges and deferred payment.
- Analyze the key variables found in a balance sheet and income statement.