ESL Level 3, Certificate of Competency
Intermediate low courses are designed to support English Language Learners and adult immigrants in developing the vocabulary, reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills needed for living and working in the United States and in the local community. This contextualized ESL course integrates academic and employability skills.
|ESLN NC03A||ESL 3 - A Intermediate Low||0|
|ESLN NC03B||ESL 3 - B Intermediate Low||0|
|ESLN NC03C||ESL 3 – C Intermediate Low||0|
- Ask and answer 5 or more questions demonstrating the ability to use appropriate verb tenses (past, present, future, present perfect, past continuous and past perfect).
- Using graphic organizers, take notes to identify the main idea and more than one supporting detail about an oral presentation.
- Analyze and compare two or more authentic advertisements, forms, or charts related to consumer economics.
- Write a letter or email to report a problem related to housing, community resources, or health, and two paragraphs using transition words on a researched topic.
- Read an article in a textbook or online student newspaper and summarize it.