ESL Level 4, Certificate of Competency
Intermediate high courses are designed to support English Language Learners and adult immigrants in developing the vocabulary, reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills needed for living and working in the United States and in the local community. This contextualized ESL course integrates academic and employability skills.
|ESLN NC04A||ESL 4 - A Intermediate High||0|
|ESLN NC04B||ESL 4 - B Intermediate High||0|
|ESLN NC04C||ESL 4 – C: Intermediate High||0|
- Ask and answer 5 or more questions demonstrating the ability to use appropriate verb tenses (past, present, future, present perfect, past continuous and past perfect).
- After listening to a dialogue, conversation, small group discussion, or a simple lecture, identify the main idea and at least three supporting details.
- Write a formal letter or email to report a problem related to housing, community resources, or health, and write three cohesive paragraphs on a researched topic including an introductory statement, supporting facts and details, appropriate transition words, and a conclusion.
- Read, compare and contrast 2 articles that present different viewpoints related to community resources, health, or housing, restate some of the key ideas, and express ideas in a group discussion.
- Give an oral presentation and respond to questions from the audience on a topic related to employment, education or citizenship.