ESL Level 1, Certificate of Competency
Beginning low courses are designed to support English Language Learners and adult immigrants in developing the vocabulary, reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills needed for living and working in the United States and in the local community. This contextualized ESL course integrates academic and employability skills.
|ESLN NC01A||ESL 1 - A: Beginning Low||0|
|ESLN NC01B||ESL 1 - B: Beginning Low||0|
|ESLN NC01C||ESL 1 - C Beginning Low||0|
1. Answer basic personal information questions in short written sentences giving name, country of origin, what city student lives in now, and general information about their family.
2. Use numbers 1-100 to give information in short spoken sentences about time and prices.
3. Read a beginning level story and answer questions about the main idea and two key details.
4. Interpret a visual representation of a real place such as a house floor plan or a community map by answering 3 questions about it orally.
5. Write simple sentences about locations and routines using basic prepositions and frequency adverbs.