French, Associate of Arts (AA)
A study of French expands individual consciousness, contributes to understanding the history and development of many countries and provides the communication skills necessary for a variety of careers.
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A minimum of 12 units through SBCC.
|FR 101||Beginning French I||5|
|FR 102||Beginning French II||5|
|FR 103||Intermediate French I||5|
|FR 104||Intermediate French II||5|
|FR 130||Intermediate Conversation||2|
|or FR 140||Intermediate Conversation|
|Complete one course from the following or 4 units of another foreign language:||3-4|
|History of Art, Renaissance to Modern|
or ART 104H
|History Of Art, Renaissance To Modern, Honors|
|History of Western Civilization|
or HIST 113H
|History Of Western Civilization: 1600 To Present, Honors|
|Introduction to International Business|
|History of Philosophy: Modern|
|History Of Philosophy: Contemporary|
or POLS 121H
|International Politics, Honors|
- Demonstrate high command of oral, visual and written communication skills in the target language.
- Exchange ideas and interact effectively with speakers of the target language.
- Discern and uphold the relevancy of cultural and linguistic diversity lived and expressed by the speakers of the target language.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.