French, Associate in Arts (AA)
|FR 101||Beginning French I||5|
|FR 102||Beginning French II||5|
|FR 103||Intermediate French I||5|
|FR 104||Intermediate French II||5|
|FR 130||Intermediate Conversation||2|
|or FR 140||Intermediate Conversation|
|Select a one semester course from the following or 4 units of another foreign language:||3-4|
|History Of Art, Renaissance To Modern|
or ART 104H
|History Of Art, Renaissance To Modern, Honors|
|History Of Western Civilization|
or HIST 113H
|History Of Western Civilization: 1600 To Present, Honors|
|Introduction to International Business|
|History Of Philosophy: Modern|
|History Of Philosophy: Contemporary|
or POLS 121H
|International Politics, Honors|
Another Foreign Language
The Associate Degree will be awarded upon completion of both department and college requirements. These include:
- Complete all department requirements with a “C” or better or “P” in each course. Candidates for an Associate Degree are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Complete a general education option (Option 1: SBCC General Education and Institutional and Information Competency; Option 2: IGETC; Option 3: CSU GE Breadth). General Education options allowed for each Associate Degree program vary. Refer to http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/degrees_certificates.php for a list of General Education options for each SBCC Associate Degree program;
- Other graduation requirements as outlined on the Graduation Requirements page.
- Demonstrate high command of oral, visual and written communication skills in the target language.
- Exchange ideas and interact effectively with speakers of the target language.
- Discern and uphold the relevancy of cultural and linguistic diversity lived and expressed by the speakers of the target language.