Spanish, Associate in Arts (AA)
|SPAN 103||Intermediate Spanish I||5|
|SPAN 104||Intermediate Spanish II||5|
|SPAN 150||Advanced Spanish||4|
|SPAN 160||Advanced Spanish||4|
|Select one course from the following:||3-5|
|Introduction to Literary Analysis|
|Survey of Spanish Literature|
|Survey of Latin American Literature|
|Latin American Culture|
|Contemporary Cultures Of Central America|
|Contemporary Culture Of South America|
|Contemporary Cultures Of Spain|
|Intermediate Spanish for Native Speakers I|
|Intermediate Spanish for Native Speakers II|
|Work Experience In Spanish|
|Select a one-semester course from the following or one semester of another foreign language:||3-5|
|History Of Art, Renaissance To Modern|
or ART 104H
|History Of Art, Renaissance To Modern, Honors|
|Introduction to International Business|
|Mexican-American (Chicano) History In The U.S.|
|Mexican-American (Chicano) Culture|
|Introduction To Chicano/Mexican-American Literature|
|Borderlands Literature: U.S.-Mexico|
|Introduction To Mexican Literature|
|History Of Latin America: Bc To 1800'S|
|History Of Latin America: 1800'S To Modern Period|
|History Of Philosophy: Modern|
|History Of Philosophy: Contemporary|
or POLS 121H
|International Politics, Honors|
The Associate Degree will be awarded upon completion of both department and college requirements. These include:
- Complete all department requirements with a “C” or better or “P” in each course. Candidates for an Associate Degree are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Complete a general education option (Option 1: SBCC General Education and Institutional and Information Competency; Option 2: IGETC; Option 3: CSU GE Breadth). General Education options allowed for each Associate Degree program vary. Refer to http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/degrees_certificates.php for a list of General Education options for each SBCC Associate Degree program;
- Other graduation requirements as outlined on the Graduation Requirements page.
- Demonstrate high command of oral, visual and written communication skills in the target language.
- Exchange ideas and interact effectively with speakers of the target language.
- Discern and uphold the relevancy of cultural and linguistic diversity lived and expressed by the speakers of the target language.