Spanish, Associate in Arts (AA)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|SPAN 103||Intermediate Spanish I||5|
|SPAN 104||Intermediate Spanish II||5|
|SPAN 150||Advanced Spanish||4|
|SPAN 160||Advanced Spanish||4|
|Select one course from the following:||3-5|
|Introduction to Literary Analysis|
|Survey of Spanish Literature|
|Survey of Latin American Literature|
|Latin American Culture|
|Contemporary Cultures Of Central America|
|Contemporary Culture Of South America|
|Contemporary Cultures Of Spain|
|Intermediate Spanish for Native Speakers I|
|Intermediate Spanish for Native Speakers II|
|Work Experience In Spanish|
|Select one course from the following or one semester of another foreign language:||3-5|
|History Of Art, Renaissance To Modern|
or ART 104H
|History Of Art, Renaissance To Modern, Honors|
|Introduction to International Business|
|Mexican-American (Chicano) History In The U.S.|
|Mexican-American (Chicano) Culture|
|Introduction To Chicano/Mexican-American Literature|
|Borderlands Literature: U.S.-Mexico|
|Introduction To Mexican Literature|
|History Of Latin America: Bc To 1800'S|
|History Of Latin America: 1800'S To Modern Period|
|History of Philosophy: Modern|
|History Of Philosophy: Contemporary|
or POLS 121H
|International Politics, Honors|
- Demonstrate high command of oral, visual and written communication skills in the target language.
- Exchange ideas and interact effectively with speakers of the target language.
- Discern and uphold the relevancy of cultural and linguistic diversity lived and expressed by the speakers of the target language.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.