Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Skills Competency Award (SCA)
- Applicants must take the SBCC Assessment Test in English and qualify for eligibility for English 70 and 80. Students should make an appointment with program coordinator if they are not eligible for English 70 and 80.
- Each student must have a current CPR for health care provider or professional rescuer certificate.
- Physical Exam and proof of immunizations required.
- Social security card (copied by staff) per Department of Social Services.
- Obtain an application from the Santa Barbara City College Health Technologies Office (Room A-218).
- Complete assessment testing at SBCC.
- Submit completed Application and Assessment test results to the Health Technologies Office.
- ATTEND THE INFORMATION MEETING.
- Before the first class, turn in to the Health Technologies Office the required PHYSICAL EXAM (on the SBCC form) with all immunizations up to date.
Students will be accepted on a first come, first served basis after the following items are received: physical exam, CPR, social security card, completed fingerprint card and criminal clearance, if applicable. Once a class is full, students are placed on a wait list.
NOTICE: Nurse Assistants might NOT be certified by the state of California if convicted of a Penal Code Violation. Prior clearance must be obtained before entering the program if the student has had a Penal Code Violation. Additional information will be given at the scheduled information meeting. Fingerprinting is required.
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|CNA 101||Certified Nursing Assistant||6|