Animation and Gaming, Certificate of Achievement (C)
|MAT 103||Introduction To Multimedia||3|
|MAT 131||Digital Imaging I||3|
|MAT 136||Computer Animation I||3|
|MAT 116||Interactive Design I||3|
|MAT 137||Visual Effects for Film, Television and Gaming||3|
|MAT 145||Video Game Design||3|
or MAT 167
|3-D Character Animation
or 3-D Environments Design
|MAT 141||3-D Modeling||3|
|Select one course from the following:||3|
|Serious Game Prototyping|
|Portfolio Development And Professional Practices|
|Interactive Design II - Simple Games|
|ART 124A||Classical Animation I||3|
|ART 140||Studio Art Foundations (2-D)||3|
|ART 141||3-D Design: Form And Space||3|
|CS 111||HTML And Webmastering||3|
|FP 279||Motion Graphics and Compositing||3|
|FP 181||Production Sound for Film and Television||3|
|MAT 112||Digital Drawing||3|
|MAT 132||Digital Imaging II||3|
|MAT 152||Compositing and Visual Effects for Animation||3|
|MAT 153||Web Design I||3|
|MAT 169||Serious Game Production||3|
Students must complete all department requirements for the certificate with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Students will be able to create complex models, apply complex colors and textures to them according to a storyboard.
- Students will be able to create a digital lighting system and render Photorealistic images in 2D.
- Students will be able to create the necessary visual effects (environments and natural forces) specified for the story.
- Students will be able to set up a skeleton for a 3-D model and animate a character according to a storyboard.
- Students will be able to animate a character according to the dialog in the story.