Animation and Gaming, Certificate of Achievement (C)
The Animation& Gaming curriculum develops students’ aesthetic and technical competence by providing training with professional software in production processes. The program builds a foundation in 3D Animation, production and Game development for entertainment, serious games and simulations.
Our courses give students a core background in visual arts and screen design, providing also technical skills in media development, production and distribution.
The program prepares students for employment in entry-level positions at Game development firms or for transfer to media programs at 4-year institutions.
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|MAT 103||Introduction to Multimedia||3|
|MAT 116||Interactive Design I||3|
|MAT 131||Digital Imaging I||3|
|MAT 136||Introduction to 3D Animation||3|
|MAT 137||Visual Effects for Film, Television and Gaming||3|
|MAT 138||3-D Character Animation||3|
|or MAT 167||3-D Environments Design|
|MAT 141||3-D Modeling||3|
|MAT 145||Video Game Design||3|
|MAT 205||Portfolio Development||3|
|or MAT 168||Serious Game Prototyping|
|ART 140||Studio Art Foundations (2-D)||3|
|ART 141||Studio Art Foundations 3D||3|
|CS 111||HTML And Webmastering||3|
|FP 181||Production Sound for Film and Television||3|
|FP 279||Motion Graphics and Compositing||3|
|MAT 112||Digital Drawing||3|
|MAT 132||Digital Imaging II||3|
|MAT 134A||Classical Animation I||3|
|MAT 153||Web Design I||3|
- Students will be able to create complex models, apply complex colors and textures to them according to a storyboard.
- Students will be able to create a digital lighting system and render Photorealistic images in 2D.
- Students will be able to create the necessary visual effects (environments and natural forces) specified for the story.
- Students will be able to set up a skeleton for a 3-D model and animate a character according to a storyboard.
- Students will be able to animate a character according to the dialog in the story.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.