Animation and Gaming, Associate in Arts (AA)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|MAT 103||Introduction To Multimedia||3|
|MAT 116||Interactive Design I||3|
|MAT 131||Digital Imaging I||3|
|MAT 136||Introduction to 3D Animation||3|
|MAT 137||Visual Effects for Film, Television and Gaming||3|
|MAT 138||3-D Character Animation||3|
|or MAT 167||3-D Environments Design|
|MAT 141||3-D Modeling||3|
|MAT 145||Video Game Design||3|
|MAT 205||Portfolio Development And Professional Practices||3|
|or MAT 168||Serious Game Prototyping|
|or MAT 216||Interactive Design II - Simple Games|
|Classical Animation I|
|Studio Art Foundations (2-D)|
|Studio Art Foundations 3D|
|HTML And Webmastering|
|Production Sound for Film and Television|
|Motion Graphics and Compositing|
|Digital Imaging II|
|Compositing and Visual Effects for Animation|
|Web Design I|
|Serious Game Production|
- Students will be able to create complex models, apply complex colors and textures to them according to a storyboard.
- Students will be able to create a digital lighting system and render Photorealistic images in 2D.
- Students will be able to create the necessary visual effects (environments and natural forces) specified for the story.
- Students will be able to set up a skeleton for a 3-D model and animate a character according to a storyboard.
- Students will be able to animate a character according to the dialog in the story.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.