Interior Design: Part 1, Skills Competency Award (SCA)
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|ART 140||Studio Art Foundations (2-D)||3|
|DRFT 120||Architectural Drafting I||3|
|ID 100||Introduction to Interior Design||1|
|ID 100L||Introduction to Interior Design Lab||1|
|ID 104||Materials And Installations||3|
|ID 105||Kitchen And Bathroom Design||3|
- Utilize the six universally accepted elements of design (line, pattern, texture, scale, light and color) and the six universally accepted principles of design (proportion, balance, rhythm, contrast, emphasis and harmony) to create a successful interior space.
- Analyze an interior space and suggest changes to meet the demands of a specific user or purpose.
- Describe the qualities and characteristics common to a successful Interior Design business.
- Draft a small set of working drawings for a small residence.
- Specify appropriate materials and their installation methods for use in residential and commercial projects.
- Design a kitchen using the NKBA guidelines.
- Design a bathroom using the NKBA guidelines.
- Utilizing current code requirements and industry standards design and draft an electrical plan for a kitchen.