Interior Design, Certificate of Achievement (C)
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|ART 140||Studio Art Foundations (2-D)||3|
|ART 141||Studio Art Foundations 3D||3|
|DRFT 120||Architectural Drafting I||3|
|DRFT 124||Architectural Rendering I||3|
|DRFT 129||Principles Of Residential Construction||3|
|DRFT 130||Computer-Assisted Drafting And Design I||5|
|ID 100||Introduction to Interior Design||1|
|ID 100L||Introduction to Interior Design Lab||1|
|ID 101||Space Planning And Lighting||3|
|ID 103||Historical Furniture||3|
|ID 104||Materials And Installations||3|
|ID 105||Kitchen And Bathroom Design||3|
|Select at least 3 units of Controlled Art History Electives from the following:||3|
|History Of Art, Renaissance To Modern|
or ART 104H
|History Of Art, Renaissance To Modern, Honors|
|History Of Asian Art|
|Survey Of Non-Western Art|
|Select 3 units from the following:||3-5|
|Fundamentals Of Drawing|
|Introduction To Business|
|Architectural Drafting II|
|Architectural Rendering II|
|Computer-Assisted Drafting And Design II|
|CAD Drafting/Design III|
|Work Experience In Interior Design|
|Digital Imaging I|
- Analyze an interior space and suggest changes for a specific user, ambiance or purpose.
- Describe the composition and components of a successful Interior Design business.
- Utilize the design process to design and draw floor plans and interior elevations of a room, a kitchen, a bathroom, a residence and a commercial building, being cognoscente of design guidelines and building codes.
- Identify the style and parts of furniture from different countries and time periods.
- Specify appropriate materials and installation methods for use in residential and commercial projects.
- Utilize current requirements to design and draft an electrical plan for a small residence. (ID101 and ID105)
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.