Healthcare Data Analytics, Certificate of Achievement (C)
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a C or better in each course. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|CIS 101||Introduction to Computers and Information Systems||4|
|BMS 146||Human Form and Function||3|
|HIT 101||Introduction To Health Information Management||3|
|HIT 102||Legal Aspects Of Health Care||3|
|HIT 135||Basic Medical Terminology||3|
|HIT 204||Basic Pathophysiology||3|
|HIT 202||International Classification of Diseases, Diagnostic Coding||2|
|HIT 203||International Classification of Diseases, Procedural Coding||3|
|HIT 255||Medical Insurance and Reimbursement Methodologies||4|
|HIT 220||HIM Statistics||2|
|HIT 240||HC Quality Management||3|
|HIT 265||HIM Computer Applications||3|
|CIS 107||Introduction to Database Systems||4|
|MATH 117||Elementary Statistics||4|
|or MATH 117H||Elementary Statistics, Honors|
- Recognize relationships among data in clinical and public health settings.
- Apply laws and theories to practical situations in clinical and public health settings.
- Calculate solutions to mathematical problems; interpret charts and translate graphic data; classify items; interpret information; perform multiple calculations to arrive at one answer.
- Revise and apply policies, procedures, or plans for the use of networks, including intranet and internet applications to facilitate the electronic health record (EHR), personal health record (PHR), public health, and other administrative applications.
- Evaluate and compare solutions, case scenarios, reports, plans, ideas, or aspects of a problem and select an appropriate solution for responsive action.
- Create user-friendly, concise reports to facilitate decision-making using internal and external data sources.
- Design metrics and criteria to collect and interpret data to recommend solutions to improve business processes and outcomes.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.