Cancer Information Management, Certificate of Achievement (C)
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a C or better in each course. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|Recommended sequence of courses:|
|HIT 135||Basic Medical Terminology||3|
|BMS 146||Human Form and Function||3|
|COMP 101||Introduction to Computer Applications||4|
|CIM 100||Cancer Registry Management I||3|
|HIT 101||Introduction To Health Information Management||3|
|HIT 204||Basic Pathophysiology||3|
|CIM 125||Cancer Disease Management||4|
|CIM 201||Abstracting Principles And Practice I||3|
|CIM 150||Oncology Coding And Staging Systems||4|
|CIM 202||Abstracting Principles And Practice II||3|
|CIM 225||Cancer Registry Management II||2|
|CIM 250||Cancer Statistics And Epidemiology||3|
|HIT 240||HC Quality Management||3|
|MGMT 101||Introduction To Management||3|
|CIM 275||CIM Practicum 1||3|
All CIM classes must be completed before enrolling in CIM 275 CIM Practicum. A background check, health check, drug screen, and/or other requirements may be mandated by the host facility. These requirements are at the student’s expense.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate all functions related to an approved American College of Surgeons program.
- Apply legal, ethical, accreditation and certification standards to the cancer registry and demonstrate professional behavior in these areas.
- Evaluate and interpret current coding and staging guidelines to identify cancer disease and its process, while documenting quality abstracts.
- Apply current treatment guidelines/codes, while documenting quality abstracts
- Participate in follow-up procedures and data quality analysis and utilization to improve patient care and facilitate with facility planning/expansion.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.