Introduction to Graphic Design, Certificate of Achievement (C)
The Graphic Design & Photography Department offers a Certificate of Completion in Graphic Design. The Certificate of Completion provides students with a solid foundation to understanding of the design process from concept to printed piece. Students gain knowledge of both the creative process and industry-standard computer tools and software used in Graphic Design.
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|GDP 110||Media Design||3|
|GDP 111||Introduction to Graphic Design||3|
|GDP 114||Intermediate Graphic Design||3|
|GDP 116||History of Graphic Design||3|
|GDP 118||Creative Thinking||3|
|ART 120||Fundamentals Of Drawing||3|
|PHOT 109||Introduction to Photography||3|
- Apply design principles to both print and screen layouts.
- Demonstrate proficiency using industry-standard software to produce graphic design layouts that are print-ready digital files.
- Define professional terminology for the graphic design and print industry.
- Demonstrate a sense of aesthetics for design and typography in the visual communication field.
- Identify and apply their creative abilities to communicate ideas with confidence.
- Demonstrate effective evaluation techniques, such as critiquing, to test and revise ideas and designs.
- Develop professional quality design concepts and layouts.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.