Graphic Design, Skills Competency Award (SCA): Entrepreneur II
This certificate builds on the Graphic Design Entrepreneurial I program. It continues to provide the student with strong Graphic Design tools to develop a professional portfolio. Entrepreneurial skills are expanded on giving the student the necessary tools to become successful in managing their own design business.
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|ENT 205||Financial Management for Startups||3|
|ENT 208||Business Plan Development||3|
|GDP 212||Graphic Design II||3|
|GDP 215||Publication Design||3|
|MKT/MAT 164||Online and Mobile Marketing||3|
|or MKT 203||Marketing Communications|
- Apply advanced design principles to both print and screen layouts and create a professional portfolio.
- Demonstrate proficiency using industry-standard software to produce graphic design layouts that are print-ready digital files.
- Demonstrate a sense of aesthetics for design and typography in the visual communication field.
- Identify and apply their creative abilities to communicate ideas with confidence.
- Apply entrepreneurial skills to improve their freelance business.