Landscape Operations, Skills Competency Award (SCA)
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|EH 102||Soils And Plant Nutrients||3|
|EH 105||Landscape Construction||3|
|EH 106||Greenhouse/Nursery Operations And Practices, Plant Propagation And Plant Recognition||3|
|EH 110||Introduction To Horticulture||3|
|Work Experience In Environmental Horticulture|
- Demonstrate effective uses of soil amendments, mulches, soil activators, soil nutrients, and fertilizer products.
- Demonstrate proper management of water within the landscape, including water conservation and xeriscape principles.
- Demonstrate the ability to read plans, simple surveys, basic hardscape skills, and elevation maps.
- Identify a variety of indoor plants, bedding plants, turf and ground covers, and herbaceous ornamentals.
- Demonstrate how to propagate plants through vegetative and non-vegetative techniques.
- List and explain the factors required for a successful business enterprise.