Geography, Associate in Arts (AA)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A minimum of 12 units through SBCC.
|GEOG 101/ERTH 141||Physical Geography||3|
|GEOG 101L/ERTH 141L||Physical Geography Laboratory||1|
|GEOG 102||Human Geography||3|
|GEOG 104||World Regional Geography||3|
|GEOG/ERTH 152||Weather and Climate||3|
|GEOG/ERTH 171||Introduction To Geographic Information Systems And Maps||2|
|GEOG/ERTH 172||Geographic Information Systems: Software Applications||2|
|Select 9 units of Controlled Electives from the following:||9|
|Introduction To Cultural Anthropology|
or BIOL 144
or BOT 121
|Humans And The Biological Environment|
|Dynamic Earth - Physical Geology|
or ERTH 111H
|Dynamic Earth - Physical Geology, Honors|
or ERTH 112
|History Of The Earth|
|Energy and Natural Resources|
|Geologic Field Studies - Eastern Sierra Nevada|
or ERTH 132
|Geologic Field Studies - Death Valley|
or ERTH 133
|Introductory Geologic Field Seminar - Colorado Plateau|
|Introductory Physical Oceanography|
|Geography Of California|
|Introduction to Global Studies|
Recommendation: Associate Degree students should take a broad background of electives in both the Earth Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Describe and assess Earth’s physical processes and their impacts on human culture and activities.
- Describe and assess human cultural and economic activities and their impacts on Earth’s physical environment.
- Identify and implement the methods and technologies used in geographic spatial analysis (ex. GIS, remote sensing, spatial statistics, cartography and map analysis).
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.