Astronomy, Associate in Science (AS)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|CHEM 155||General Chemistry I||5|
|CS 105||Theory and Practice I||3-4|
|or CS 133||Introduction to Programming for Engineers|
|or CS 137||C Programming|
|or CS 140||Object-Oriented Programming Using C++|
|ERTH 101||Introductory Astronomy||3-4|
|or ERTH 101H||Introductory Astronomy, Honors|
|ERTH 102||Observational Astronomy Laboratory||1|
|ERTH 106||Black Holes and the Universe 1||3-4|
|or ERTH 111||Dynamic Earth - Physical Geology|
|or ERTH 111H||Dynamic Earth - Physical Geology, Honors|
|or ERTH 141||Physical Geography|
|or GEOG 101||Physical Geography|
|MATH 150||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||5|
|MATH 160||Calculus With Analytic Geometry II||5|
|PHYS 121||Mechanics Of Solids And Fluids||5|
|PHYS 122||Electricity and Magnetism||5|
|PHYS 123||Heat, Light and Modern Physics||5|
Students interested in pursuing a degree in astronomy with an astrophysics emphasis should take ERTH 106. Students interested in pursuing a degree in astronomy with planetary emphasis should take either ERTH 111 (or 111H) or ERTH 141 (or GEOG 101).
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.