School-Age Care, Certificate of Achievement (C)
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a C or better in each course. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|ECE 102||Child, Family and Community||3|
|ECE 107||Administration Of Child Development Programs I||3|
|ECE 109||Family-Teacher-Child Relationships||3|
|ECE 120||Child Growth and Development/Educators||3|
|or PSY 140||Child Development|
|ECE 124||Working With School-Age Children||3|
|ED 101||Introduction To Teaching And Learning In K-12 Education||3|
Note: Forty-five half-days of student teaching in an ECE Department-approved school-age site must be completed for the Certificate of Achievement. Pediatric first aid/CPR certification is also required.
- Discuss the diverse needs, characteristics and multiple influences on the development of children ages 5 through 8 as related to high quality care and education.
- Using observation skills, design, implement, and evaluate environments and curriculum activities that support positive , developmental play and learning for all school-age children.
- Identify and implement effective guidance and interactions strategies that support all children's social learning, identity and self-confidence.
- Develop and implement strategies that promote partnerships between school-age programs, teachers, families and their diverse communities.
- Recognize ethical standards and demonstrate professional behaviors that deepen understanding, knowledge, and commitment to the Early Childhood Education profession.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.