School-Age Care, Certificate of Achievement (C)
|ECE 102||Child, Family and Community||3|
|ECE 107||Administration Of Child Development Programs I||3|
|ECE 109||Family-Teacher-Child Relationships||3|
|ECE 120||Child Growth and Development/Educators||3|
|or PSY 140||Child Development|
|ECE 124||Working With School-Age Children||3|
|ED 101||Introduction To Teaching And Learning In K-12 Education||3|
Note: Forty-five half-days of student teaching in an ECE Department-approved school-age site is required. Pediatric first aid/CPR certification also required. Certificate of Achievement Requirements: Complete all department requirements for the certificate with a “C” or better. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Discuss the diverse needs, characteristics and multiple influences on the development of children ages 5 through 8 as related to high quality care and education.
- Using observation skills, design, implement, and evaluate environments and curriculum activities that support positive , developmental play and learning for all school-age children.
- Identify and implement effective guidance and interactions strategies that support all children's social learning, identity and self-confidence.
- Develop and implement strategies that promote partnerships between school-age programs, teachers, families and their diverse communities.
- Recognize ethical standards and demonstrate professional behaviors that deepen understanding, knowledge, and commitment to the Early Childhood Education profession.