Hospitality, Associate in Science (AS)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A minimum of 12 units through SBCC.
|ACCT 110||Introduction to Accounting||4|
|BUS 101||Introduction To Business||2-3|
|or FIN 101||Introduction To Finance And Banking|
|or IBUS 102||Introduction to International Business|
|or CA 111||Hospitality Controls|
|CA 113||Hospitality Sanitation And Safety||2|
|CA 117A||Hotline Kitchen Fundamentals||2-4|
|or CA 124||Principles of Baking|
|COMP 101||Introduction to Computer Applications||4|
|or CIS 101||Introduction to Computers and Information Systems|
|HM 290||Hotel Work Experience||3-4|
|Select 4 courses from the following:||12|
|Front Office Operations|
|Food And Beverage Operations|
|Supervision In The Hospitality Industry|
|Hospitality Sales and Marketing|
|Security And Loss Management|
|Training And Development Skills For Hospitality Professionals|
- Be proficient at an entry level supervision position and have broad knowledge and experience in all subject areas the program.
- Know and enforce laws specific to the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate mastery of front office operations both with customer service, technology and reporting expectations.
- Organize and be able to manage or work in a housekeeping department, demonstrate effective and efficient ways of cleaning, create productivity reports and staff schedules.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food and beverage operations by creating operational plans, inventory, storage, food safety, staffing, cuisine, alcohol laws.
- Create a sales and marketing plan and be able to train staff on customer service.
- Prepare an emergency plan and train staff in its implementation. Demonstrate the ability to minimize loss.
- Create and implement training programs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in language, technical and computational skills.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.