Esthetician, Skills Competency Award (SCA): Level 2
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|CSMT 132||Esthetician Training-Module 2||8|
- Practice basic manipulative skills required for successful practice in esthetics.
- Demonstrate techniques, safety precautions, and products used in performance of services rendered in a skin care establishment.
- Recognize and apply related information necessary for intelligent use of products, choices of appropriate treatments, etc.
- Interpret rules and regulations issued by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Demonstrate personal and community health and safety.
- Employ self-confidence and correct attitude in client relationship.
- Exemplify satisfactory work habits.
- Apply professional trade ethics and job responsibilities.
- Model problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate responsibility for self- development and self-discipline.
- Demonstrate criteria for professional image.
- Participate as a team player.
- Exhibit individual responsibility.