Esthetician, Skills Competency Award (SCA): Level 1
|CSMT 131||Esthetician Training-Module 1||12|
Students must complete the above course with a grade of “C” or better or “Pass”.
- Demonstrate basic manipulative skills required for successful practice in esthetics.
- Recognize techniques, safety precautions, and products used in performance of services rendered in a skin care establishment.
- Identify related information necessary for intelligent use of products, choices of appropriate treatments, etc.
- Recognize the importance of the rules and regulations issued by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Describe personal health, community health, and safety.
- Develop self-confidence and correct attitude in client relationship.
- Practice satisfactory work habits.
- Be aware of professional trade ethics and job responsibilities
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate responsibility for self-development, self-discipline.
- Establish criteria for professional image.
- Develop individual responsibility.
- Promote ability to work as a team.