Black Studies, Associate in Arts (AA)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|BLST 101||The African-American In U.S. History To World War II||3-4|
|or BLST 102||The African-American In U.S. History, From Civil Rights Movement To Present|
|or BLST 102H||The African-American in U.S. History, from Civil Rights to Present, Honors|
|BLST 103||African-American Culture||3|
|BLST 111||The African-American Music Experience||3|
|BLST 113||African-American And Afro-Caribbean Literature In The U.S.||3|
|CHST 101||Mexican-American (Chicano) History In The U.S.||3|
|or NATA 101||American Indian: Past And Present|
|or ASAM 101||Comparative Asian-American History, 1849-1965|
|ETHS 117||Cultural Diversity In Film||3|
|or ETHS/SOC 107||Racism In America|
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.