Native American Studies, Associate in Arts (AA)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|ASAM 101||Comparative Asian-American History, 1849-1965||3|
|or BLST 101||The African-American In U.S. History To World War II|
|or CHST 101||Mexican-American (Chicano) History In The U.S.|
|NATA 101||American Indian: Past And Present||3|
|NATA 102||The Native American In 20th Century Society||3|
|or NATA 105||California Tribes: The Chumash|
|NATA 103||Native American Cultural Heritage||3|
|NATA 112||Native American Visual And Musical Art||3|
|NATA 113||The Indian In Literature: Fact And Fiction||3|
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.