Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper, Level III, Certificate of Achievement (C)
The Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper, Level III, Certificate of Achievement provides students with the foundational knowledge in GAAP-based accounting to be applied to an entry-level position. There are a variety of career opportunities for students completing the Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper, Level III, Certificate of Achievement. Students may find employment at:
1. Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper, under minimum or little supervision (depending on experience), for proprietorships, small partnerships, or small corporations, using manual or computerized accounting systems
2. Accounting Clerk or Accounting Data Processor, under minimum or little supervision (depending on experience), for small proprietorships, partnerships or corporations
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a C or better or Pass in each course. A minimum of 6 units must be completed through SBCC.
|ACCT 110||Introduction to Accounting||4|
|ACCT 130||Payroll Accounting||4|
|ACCT 160||Accounting With Quickbooks||3|
|ACCT 230||Financial Accounting||5|
|ACCT 240||Managerial Accounting||4|
|COMP 109||Microsoft Excel||4|
|COMP 171||Business English||3|
|or COMP 271||Business Communications|
|FIN 202||Managerial Finance||3|
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to record common business transactions, to prepare simple financial statements, and to analyze the results of operations, cash flows, and financial position as reported.
- Calculate and explain the impact of alternate generally accepted accounting principles for financial ratio analysis, and for economic analysis.
- Use introductory managerial accounting concepts to make decisions within a business.
- Prepare financial reports and communiqués using standard Business English.
- Use computer technology and applications to record, report, and analyze business transactions and their effects on operating, investing, and financing activities.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.