Accounting Assistant Bookkeeper, Level IV, Certificate of Achievement (C)
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a C or better or Pass in each course. A minimum of 6 units must be completed through SBCC.
|ACCT 150||Introduction To Accounting Software And Systems||4|
|ACCT 230||Financial Accounting||5|
|ACCT 240||Managerial Accounting||4|
|COMP 101||Introduction to Computer Applications||4|
|or CIS 101||Introduction to Computers and Information Systems|
|Complete one of the following courses:||3-4|
|Legal Environment of Business|
|Introduction To Business|
|Introduction to International Business|
|Leadership in Organizations|
|Complete two courses from the following:||5-8|
|Introduction to Accounting|
|Accounting for Nonprofit Organizations|
|Accounting With Quickbooks|
|Fundamentals Of Income Tax|
|Accounting Ethics and Leadership|
- Use introductory managerial accounting concepts to make decisions within a business.
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to record common business transactions, to prepare simple financial statements, and to analyze the results of operations, cash flows, and financial position as reported.
- Calculate and explain the impact of alternate generally accepted accounting principles for financial ratio analysis, and for economic analysis.
- Recognize the elementary business laws and the consequences of ignoring or not following legal business precepts and/or behaving unethically.
- Use computer technology and applications to record, report, and analyze business transactions and their effects on operating, investing, and financing activities.
- Prepare financial reports and communiqués using standard Business English.
- Define elementary business management concepts.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.