Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper, Level II, Certificate of Achievement (C)
The Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper, Level II, Certificate of Achievement provides students with the foundational knowledge in GAAP-based accounting to be applied to an entry-level position. There are a variety of career opportunities for students completing the Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper, Level II, Certificate of Achievement. Students may find employment at:
1. Entry-level Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper, under supervision, for small partnerships or corporations
2. Entry-level Accounting Clerk or Accounting Data Processor, under supervision, for medium or large proprietorships, partnerships or corporations
3. Student of intermediate accounting, managerial accounting, cost accounting, fund accounting and/or tax accounting
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a C or better or Pass in each course. A minimum of 6 units must be completed through SBCC.
|ACCT 110||Introduction to Accounting||4|
|ACCT 130||Payroll Accounting||4|
|ACCT 160||Accounting With Quickbooks||3|
|ACCT 230||Financial Accounting||5|
|COMP 109||Microsoft Excel||4|
|COMP 171||Business English||3|
|or COMP 271||Business Communications|
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to record common business transactions, to prepare simple financial statements, and to analyze the results of operations, cash flows, and financial position as reported.
- Calculate and explain the impact of alternate generally accepted accounting principles for financial ratio analysis, and for economic analysis.
- Use introductory managerial accounting concepts to make decisions within a business.
- Prepare financial reports and communiqués using standard Business English.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.