Applied Photography, Certificate of Achievement (C)
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a C or better in each course. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|PHOT 109||Introduction to Photography||3|
|PHOT 180||Digital Darkroom||3|
|PHOT 209||Photo II||3|
|PHOT 250||Fine Art Photography||3|
|PHOT 280||Advanced Lighting Systems||3|
|PHOT 285||Color Management||3|
|Select 6 units from the following:||6|
|Creative Applications I|
|Creative Applications II|
|Digital Assets Management|
|Wedding and Event Photography|
|Travel and Street Photography|
|Fine Art Copy Work|
|Children and Pet Photography|
|Stock Photography II|
|Digital Darkroom II|
- Demonstrate fundamentals of 35mm traditional and digital camera operations.
- Demonstrate skills in scanning, digital printing and archival printing technologies.
- Demonstrate digital image editing, enhancement special manipulation effects.
- Demonstrate composition and conceptual development.
- Demonstrate acceptable photographic methods in studio photography.
- Demonstrate advanced lighting techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a professional portfolio of their work that projects lasting appeal and has high visual impact.
- Demonstrate color management basics.
- Access and analyze industry related information, using it to assess and adapt to dynamic creative environments, to make complex decisions, to solve problems, and evaluate outcomes.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in the studio/classroom as well as in workplace.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.