Administration of Justice, Certificate of Achievement (C): Law Enforcement Emphasis
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|AJ 101||Introduction To The Administration Of Justice||3|
|AJ 102||Ethics In The Criminal Justice System||3|
|AJ 105||Diversity, Law and Justice||3|
|AJ 107||Concepts Of Criminal Law||3|
|AJ 111||Criminal Investigation||3|
|AJ 113||Community Relations||3|
|Select two courses from the following:||6|
|Legal Aspects Of Evidence and Procedure|
|Introduction to Corrections|
|Introduction To Forensics|
|Introduction To Criminology|
|The Study Of Murder|
|Terrorism And The Criminal Justice System|
|Women's Issues In The Criminal Justice System|
|Crime and Human Behavior|
|The Study of Evil|
- Demonstrate an understanding of the American criminal justice system and the scope of responsibilities of the various local, state and federal law enforcement agencies beginning with arrest through parole.
- Articulate the system’s objectives, the crime problem, and role expectations of criminal justice personnel, and describe the various agencies and each subsystem within the system.
- Describe the system’s responsibilities to the community, factors in crime causation, the social implications of crime and communication barriers between the system and the community.
- Articulate the differences between the major criminological theories of the causes of crime and how those theories relate to policies toward crime and criminal behavior.
- Analyze legal concepts and make rational decisions about case processing. Demonstrate knowledge of the rules of evidence, legal definitions and concepts of evidentiary law. Apply basic investigative proficiencies.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills acquired in the social sciences in preparation for continuance of college-level education.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.