Administration of Justice, Associate in Science (AS): Criminology Emphasis
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- A minimum of 18 units of SBCC General Education Requirements (Areas A-D) and Institutional Requirements (Area E) and Information Competency Requirement (Area F)
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|AJ 101||Introduction To The Administration Of Justice||3|
|AJ 102||Ethics In The Criminal Justice System||3|
|AJ 125||Introduction To Criminology||3|
|AJ 250||The Study Of Murder||3|
|PSY 100||General Psychology||3-4|
|or PSY 100H||General Psychology, Honors|
|SOC 101||Introduction To Sociology||3-4|
|or SOC 101H||Introduction to Sociology, Honors|
|Select two courses from the following:||6-8|
|Legal Aspects Of Evidence and Procedure|
|Introduction to Corrections|
|Diversity, Law and Justice|
|Concepts Of Criminal Law|
|Terrorism And The Criminal Justice System|
|Women's Issues In The Criminal Justice System|
|Crime and Human Behavior|
|The Study of Evil|
or PSY 175
|Social Psychology: Psychological Perspective|
|Sociology of Deviance|
|Introduction To Social Research|
or PSY 200
|Research Methods and Experimental Design in Psychology|
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.