Photojournalism, Skills Competency Award (SCA)
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|JOUR 123A||The Channels: Photojournalism||4|
|MAT 131||Digital Imaging I||3|
|Select one course from the following:||3|
|Non-Linear Editing I|
|Web Design I|
|Introduction to Photography|
- Identify elements of varied photojournalistic genres.
- Produce photographic images and prepare for publication.
- Collect caption or "cutline" information and compile it for publication using Associated Press style.
- Produce photo galleries with and without audio for publication.
- Produce basic video packages, working with a reporter-and-editor team.