Film Production, Associate in Arts (AA)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A minimum of 12 units through SBCC.
|FP 114||Non-Linear Editing I||3|
|FP 170||Cinematography I||3|
|FP 175||Film and Video Production I||3|
|FP 181||Production Sound for Film and Television||3|
|FP 185||Directing For The Camera||3|
|FP 275||Production II: Narrative Filmmaking||3|
|FS 101||Introduction to Film Studies||3-4|
|or FS 101H||Introduction to Film Studies, Honors|
|FS/ENG 173||Screenwriting I||3|
|or FP 102||Writing for Television|
|Select three courses from the following:||9|
|Television Studio Production|
|Television Field Production|
|Color Correction for Film|
|Non-Linear Editing II|
|Production II: Commercial Applications|
|Motion Graphics and Compositing|
|Directing For The Camera II|
|Acting for the Camera|
- Conceive and script a short film.
- Plan and budget a short film.
- Shoot, light and record sound for a short crew production.
- Edit and output a finished short film.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.