Construction Technology, Certificate of Achievement (C)
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|CT 110||Beginning Construction||4.7|
|CT 111||Beginning Construction Trades||4.7|
|CT 113||Roof Framing||3|
|CT 114||Beginning Finish Carpentry||3|
|CT 115||Intermediate Finish Carpentry||3|
|CT 116||Blueprint Reading||3|
|CT 118||Measuring and Calculating||3|
|CT 119||Construction Remodel||4.7|
|CT 122||Building Green||6|
|CT 124||Building Performance||3|
- Use construction tools safely and efficiently.
- Demonstrate knowledge of component systems of typical residences.
- Build a typical construction structure (wall, roof, cabinet, etc.).
- Install typical construction trim (fascia, base, crown, flooring, etc.).
- Demonstrate understanding of the necessity and components of building science and green building.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.