Construction Technology, Associate in Science (AS)
|CT 110||Beginning Construction||4.7|
|CT 111||Beginning Construction Trades||4.7|
|CT 113||Roof Framing||3|
|CT 114||Beginning Finish Carpentry||3|
|CT 115||Intermediate Finish Carpentry||3|
|CT 116||Blueprint Reading||3|
|CT 118||Measuring and Calculating||3|
|CT 119||Construction Remodel||4.7|
|CT 122||Building Green||6|
|CT 124||Building Performance||3|
The Associate Degree will be awarded upon completion of both department and college requirements. These include:
- Complete all department requirements with a “C” or better or “P” in each course. Candidates for an Associate Degree are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Complete a general education option (Option 1: SBCC General Education and Institutional and Information Competency; Option 2: IGETC; Option 3: CSU GE Breadth). General Education options allowed for each Associate Degree program vary. Refer to http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/degrees_certificates.php for a list of General Education options for each SBCC Associate Degree program;
- Other graduation requirements as outlined on the Graduation Requirements page.
- Demonstrate knowledge of component systems of typical residence.
- Build a typical construction structure (wall, roof, cabinet, etc.).
- Install typical construction trim (fascia, base, crown, etc.).
- Demonstrate understanding of the necessity and components of building science and green building.
- Use construction tools safely and efficiently.