Construction Technology, Associate in Science (AS)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- A minimum of 18 units of SBCC General Education Requirements (Areas A-D) and Institutional Requirements (Area E) and Information Competency Requirement (Area F)
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|CT 110||Beginning Construction||4.7|
|CT 111||Beginning Construction Trades||4.7|
|CT 113||Roof Framing||3|
|CT 114||Beginning Finish Carpentry||3|
|CT 115||Intermediate Finish Carpentry||3|
|CT 116||Blueprint Reading||3|
|CT 118||Measuring and Calculating||3|
|CT 119||Construction Remodel||4.7|
|CT 122||Building Green||6|
|CT 124||Building Performance||3|
- Demonstrate knowledge of component systems of typical residence.
- Build a typical construction structure (wall, roof, cabinet, etc.).
- Install typical construction trim (fascia, base, crown, etc.).
- Demonstrate understanding of the necessity and components of building science and green building.
- Use construction tools safely and efficiently.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.