Software Engineering, Skills Competency Award (SCA)
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|CS 105||Theory and Practice I||3|
|CS 106||Theory and Practice II||3|
|CS 165||Software Design Patterns||1.5|
|CS 180||Software Engineering With UML||3|
|Select one course from the following:||1.5-4|
|Computer Architecture and Organization|
|HTML And Webmastering|
|Web Server Programming|
|Object-Oriented Programming Using C++|
- Design and implement programming solutions to complex problems.
- Develop software that can perform standard operations on data stored in the standard data structures.
- Develop software that implements designs that incorporate standard design patterns.
- Employ analytical methods to estimate the duration and cost of a software development project.
- Use code versioning systems to manage changes to a code base.
- Work in a team environment to implement project goals.