Mobile Application Developer, Skills Competency Award (SCA)
|CS 111||HTML And Webmastering||3|
|CS 120 or CS 125 1||3|
|Select one course from the following:||1.5-3|
|CS 127 or|
|Web Server Programming|
CS 120 and CS 125 are no longer offered at SBCC. Students pursuing the Skills Competency Award in Web Programming should consult with the Computer Science Department Chair, Dean Nevins, to arrange for appropriate course substitutions to fulfill these requirements.
Students must complete the above courses with a grade of “C” or higher or pass. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Design and implement applications for the following mobile device platforms: Java ME, Microsoft Mobile, Flash Lite, and WML.
- Develop applications that access XML documents and web services.
- Develop games for mobile devices.
- Develop graphical user interfaces that include form widgets and animations.
- Deploy applications to mobile devices in a secure manner, via cable connection or over-the-air (OTA).
- Create and deploy web services that are designed for consumption by mobile devices.