Computer Applications and Office Management, Associate in Science (AS): Emphasis in Business Software Specialist
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- A minimum of 18 units of SBCC General Education Requirements (Areas A-D) and Institutional Requirements (Area E) and Information Competency Requirement (Area F)
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|COMP 101||Introduction to Computer Applications||4|
|COMP 103||Internet Communications||1|
|COMP 107||Microsoft Word||4|
|COMP 109||Microsoft Excel||4|
|COMP 111||Microsoft Access||4|
|COMP 112||Microsoft Powerpoint||4|
|COMP 139||Social Networking for Business||0.5|
|COMP 144B||Google World||3|
|Select two courses from the following:||4-7|
|Introduction to Accounting|
|Accounting With Quickbooks|
|Introduction To Business|
|Introduction To Multimedia|
|Web Design II: Integration|
|Introduction To Electronic Commerce|
|Work Experience In Computer Applications And Office Management|
- Use computer applications Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Docs proficiently in a business setting
- To successfully integrate computer programs in the MS Office Suite or Google Docs for maximum productivity as a power end user
- To use the Internet as a research tool
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.