Water Technology Education, Certificate of Achievement (C)
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|COMP 101||Introduction to Computer Applications||4|
|WTRS 101||Water Distribution Systems||3|
|or WTRS 110||Basic Water Treatment|
|WTRS 103||Pumps And Motors; Operation And Maintenance||3|
|WTRS 105||Water Science Chemistry And Bacteriology||3|
|WTRS 113||Water And Wastewater Hydraulics||3|
|WTRS 117||Water and Wastewater Calculations||3-5|
|or MATH 095||Elementary Algebra|
|Select two courses from the following:||5-6|
|Introduction To Geographic Information Systems And Maps|
|Water Distribution Systems 1|
|Water Systems Instrumentation And Controls|
|Groundwater Production And Protection|
|Basic Water Treatment 1|
|Water Quality Protection And Cross Connection Control|
|Advanced Wastewater Treatment|
|Water And Wastewater Management/Supervision|
- Become familiar with state and federal regulations for water and wastewater treatment
- Apply mathematical problem solving techniques to water/wastewater problems.
- Use scientific methods to discover, analyze and resolve water/wastewater issues.
- Become knowledgeable about processes and equipment used in water treatment, water distribution, waste water treatment and waste water collection.
- Learn the principles of managing a water/wastewater utility.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.