Theatre Arts, Associate in Arts (AA): Design/Lighting and/or Costuming/Makeup
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|TA 103||Theatre Appreciation||3|
|TA 111||Beginning Acting||3|
|TA 120||Understanding Scenography||3|
|TA 121||Introduction To Stagecraft||3|
|TA 131||Introduction To Costume Crafts||3|
|TA 136||Theatrical Makeup Techniques||3|
|TA 151||Theatre Production||0.5-2|
|or TA 152||Theatre Production|
|or TA 153||Theatre Production|
|or TA 154||Theatre Production|
|Area A - Select a minimum of 1 unit from the following:||1-2|
|Theatrical Stage Carpentry Deck Crew|
|Audio Technician in Production|
|Costume Dresser In Production|
|Production Make-up Assistant|
|Area B - Select 6 units from the following - not including courses taken to satisfy requirements above:||6|
|Fundamentals Of Drawing|
|Contemporary Dramatic Literature|
|Development of Drama - Musical Theatre|
|Development Of Drama: Greek To Renaissance|
|Development Of Drama II: Restoration To Contemporary|
|Intermediate Acting A|
|Introduction To Costume Design|
|Summer Theatre Workshop 1|
|Intermediate Acting B|
|Fundamentals Of Directing|
A maximum of 3 units from TA 175 Summer Theatre Workshop may be applied toward AA Degree.
- Analyze a play text in terms of dramatic structure, production and performance.
- Demonstrate the proper application of theatre crafts’ terminology pertaining to production challenges.
- Demonstrate proficient use of theatre crafts’ tools and technology in the creation of theatrical productions.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.