Economics, Associate in Arts (AA)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|ACCT 230||Financial Accounting 1||5|
|ACCT 240||Managerial Accounting 1||4|
|or ECON 102H||Macroeconomics, Honors|
|Social Science Electives 2||9|
ACCT 210 and 220 will also satisfy these requirements.
Any Math course numbered 107 or higher may be substituted for one social science elective.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key terms and core concepts of economics.
- Examine and analyze the market and non-market processes by which scarce resources are allocated.
- Develop enhanced analytical abilities for the understanding and critical evaluation of relevant arguments.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.