Honors, Certificate of Achievement (C)
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all of the following:
1. A minimum of 18 units selected from the department requirements to include a minimum of 15 units of honors courses and at least one 3 unit IGETC or CSUGE course.
2. All department requirements for the certificate with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 or higher in honors classes.
3. All department requirements with a C or better or P in each course.
4. A maximum of one honors course from other colleges may be applied to the honors certificate at the discretion of the Honors Program Director.
|Complete 15 units of honors courses selected from the following:||15|
|Physical Anthropology, Honors|
|Introduction to Archaeology, Honors|
|History of Art, Prehistoric to Gothic, Honors|
|History Of Art, Renaissance To Modern, Honors|
|The African-American in U.S. History, from Civil Rights to Present, Honors|
|Interpersonal Communication, Honors|
|Fundamentals Of Public Speaking, Honors|
|Composition and Reading, Honors|
|Critical Thinking and Composition Through Literature, Honors|
|Survey of British Literature 800-1798, Honors|
|Survey of British Literature, Honors|
|American Literature, Honors|
|Advanced Literary Analysis, Honors|
|Introductory Astronomy, Honors|
|Dynamic Earth - Physical Geology, Honors|
|The Immigrant Experience in the U.S., Honors|
|Introduction to Film Studies, Honors|
|History Of The U.S. Since 1865, Honors|
|History Of American Women (Honors)|
|History Of Western Civilization: 1600 To Present, Honors|
|Introduction to Philosophy, Honors|
|Introduction To Ethics, Honors|
|International Politics, Honors|
|Political Violence, Honors|
|General Psychology, Honors|
|Introduction to Sociology, Honors|
|Complete at least one 3-unit IGETC or CSU GE course||3|
- Apply Program knowledge by describing what requirements are necessary for transferring to HTCC-agreement schools and certain UCs as an Honors student, when to apply for Honors Program scholarships, how to complete the Program, and how to receive the certificate.
- Produce cross-disciplinary work centered on the Honors Program annual theme.
- Articulate the ethical and social obligations of an engaged citizen.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.