History, Associate in Arts (AA)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|HIST 101||History Of The U.S. To 1877||3|
|HIST 102||History Of The U.S. Since 1865||3-4|
|or HIST 102H||History Of The U.S. Since 1865, Honors|
|HIST 103||History Of Western Civilization||3|
|HIST 104||History Of Western Civilization||3-4|
|or HIST 113H||History Of Western Civilization: 1600 To Present, Honors|
|Select one course from Group A (History Electives), one course from Group B (History "Third World" Electives) and a third course from either Group A or B for a total of 9-10 units:||9-10|
|Group A (History Electives):|
|The Immigrant Experience in the U.S.|
|The Immigrant Experience in the U.S., Honors|
|History Of American Women|
or HIST 110H
|History Of American Women (Honors)|
|The American West As Frontier And Region|
|American Environmental History|
|History Of Great Britain|
|History Of Great Britain|
|Group B (History "Third World" Electives):|
|World Civilization, Beginnings To 1550|
|World Civilization, 1550 To Present|
|The Vietnam Wars|
|History Of Russia|
|History Of Latin America: Bc To 1800'S|
|History Of Latin America: 1800'S To Modern Period|
|History Of Mexico|
|History Of Religions Of The Middle East|
|History Of The Modern Middle East|
- Be proficient at an entry level supervision position and have broad knowledge and experience in all subject areas the program.
- Know and enforce laws specific to the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate mastery of front office operations both with customer service, technology and reporting expectations.
- Organize and be able to manage or work in a housekeeping department, demonstrate effective and efficient ways of cleaning, create productivity reports and staff schedules.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food and beverage operations by creating operational plans, inventory, storage, food safety, staffing, cuisine, alcohol laws.
- Create a sales and marketing plan and be able to train staff on customer service.
- Prepare an emergency plan and train staff in its implementation. Demonstrate the ability to minimize loss.
- Create and implement training programs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in language, technical and computational skills.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.