History, Associate in Arts (AA)
We offer classes to satisfy the course requirements for the History major. We encourage each student to meet with a member of our History faculty for further guidance.
|HIST 101||History Of The U.S. To 1877||3|
|HIST 102||History Of The U.S. Since 1865||3-4|
|or HIST 102H||History Of The U.S. Since 1865, Honors|
|HIST 103||History Of Western Civilization||3|
|HIST 104||History Of Western Civilization||3-4|
|or HIST 113H||History Of Western Civilization: 1600 To Present, Honors|
|Select 9-10 units from the following:||9-10|
|A. History Electives:|
|Select at least one course from the following:|
|The Immigrant Experience in the U.S.|
|The Immigrant Experience in the U.S., Honors|
|History Of American Women|
|The American West As Frontier And Region|
|American Environmental History|
|History Of Great Britain|
|History Of Great Britain|
|B. History "Third World" Elective:|
|Select one course from the following:|
|World Civilization, Beginnings To 1550|
|World Civilization, 1550 To Present|
|The Vietnam Wars|
|History Of Russia|
|History Of Latin America: Bc To 1800'S|
|History Of Latin America: 1800'S To Modern Period|
|History Of Mexico|
|History Of Religions Of The Middle East|
|History Of The Modern Middle East|
The Associate Degree will be awarded upon completion of both department and college requirements. These include:
- Complete all department requirements with a “C” or better or “P” in each course. Candidates for an Associate Degree are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Complete a general education option (Option 1: SBCC General Education and Institutional and Information Competency; Option 2: IGETC; Option 3: CSU GE Breadth). General Education options allowed for each Associate Degree program vary. Refer to http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/degrees_certificates.php for a list of General Education options for each SBCC Associate Degree program;
- Other graduation requirements as outlined on the Graduation Requirements page.
- Be proficient at an entry level supervision position and have broad knowledge and experience in all subject areas the program.
- Know and enforce laws specific to the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate mastery of front office operations both with customer service, technology and reporting expectations.
- Organize and be able to manage or work in a housekeeping department, demonstrate effective and efficient ways of cleaning, create productivity reports and staff schedules.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food and beverage operations by creating operational plans, inventory, storage, food safety, staffing, cuisine, alcohol laws.
- Create a sales and marketing plan and be able to train staff on customer service.
- Prepare an emergency plan and train staff in its implementation. Demonstrate the ability to minimize loss.
- Create and implement training programs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in language, technical and computational skills.