Geography, Associate in Arts (AA)
|GEOG 101/ERTH 141||Physical Geography 1||3|
|GEOG 101L/ERTH 141L||Physical Geography Laboratory 1||1|
|GEOG 102||Human Geography||3|
|GEOG 104||World Regional Geography||3|
|GEOG/ERTH 152||Weather and Climate||3|
|GEOG/ERTH 171||Introduction To Geographic Information Systems And Maps||2|
|GEOG/ERTH 172||Geographic Information Systems: Software Applications||2|
|Select 9 units from the following:||9|
|Introduction To Cultural Anthropology|
|Cultures Around The World: Asia and the Pacific|
|Cultures Around The World: The Americas|
|Cultures Around The World: Africa and the Middle East|
or BIOL 144
or BOT 121
|Dynamic Earth - Physical Geology 1|
or ERTH 111H
|Dynamic Earth - Physical Geology, Honors|
|History Of The Earth 1|
or ERTH 115
or ENVS 115
|Geology of National Parks|
or ERTH 114
|The Geology Of California|
|Energy And Natural Resources 1|
or ENVS 116
|Energy And Natural Resources|
|Geologic Field Studies - Eastern Sierra Nevada|
or ERTH 132
|Geologic Field Studies - Death Valley|
or ERTH 133
|Introductory Geologic Field Seminar - Colorado Plateau|
|Introductory Physical Oceanography 1|
or ERTH 142
|Geography Of California|
|Raster GIS Applications|
or ERTH 175
|Raster GIS Applications|
|Humans And The Biological Environment 1|
|Introduction to Global Studies|
or MATH 117H
|Elementary Statistics, Honors|
Satisfies Area A of the SBCC General Education Requirements if both lecture and lab are completed.
Note: A course may not be used to satisfy more than one requirement (double-counting is not allowed).
Recommendation: Associate Degree students should take a broad background of electives in both the Earth Sciences and Social Sciences.
The Associate Degree will be awarded upon completion of both department and college requirements. These include:
- Complete all department requirements with a “C” or better or “P” in each course. Candidates for an Associate Degree are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Complete a general education option (Option 1: SBCC General Education and Institutional and Information Competency; Option 2: IGETC; Option 3: CSU GE Breadth). General Education options allowed for each Associate Degree program vary. Refer to http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/degrees_certificates.php for a list of General Education options for each SBCC Associate Degree program;
- Other graduation requirements as outlined on the Graduation Requirements page.
- Describe and assess Earth’s physical processes and their impacts on human culture and activities.
- Describe and assess human cultural and economic activities and their impacts on Earth’s physical environment.
- Identify and implement the methods and technologies used in geographic spatial analysis (ex. GIS, remote sensing, spatial statistics, cartography and map analysis).