Screenwriting, Certificate of Achievement (C)
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
Complete all Department Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better. Candidates for a Certificate of Achievement are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|FS 101||Introduction to Film Studies||3-4|
|or FS 101H||Introduction to Film Studies, Honors|
|FS 108A||Film Festival Studies: 10 Days||2-3|
|or FS 108B||Film Festival Studies: 5 Days|
|FS 118||Film Genres||3|
|FS/ENG 173||Screenwriting I||3|
|FS 174||Screenwriting II||3|
|FS 179||Screenwriting III||3|
- Articulate and demonstrate an understanding of the history of U.S. and world cinema, in relation to filmmakers, style, movements, film industries and genres, using film terminology and standard English in written and oral presentations.
- Articulate and demonstrate an understanding of the theories and critical models of cinema, in relation to auteur studies, style, movements, genre and social ideology, using film terminology and standard English in written and oral presentations.
- Develop a final draft of a screenplay in industry standard format.
- Write a final draft of a screenplay with three-dimensional characters, subtextual dialogue, and revealing action.
- Create a final draft of a screenplay that demonstrates dramatic narrative structure.