Drafting/CAD, Associate in Science (AS)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- A minimum of 18 units of SBCC General Education Requirements (Areas A-D) and Institutional Requirements (Area E) and Information Competency Requirement (Area F)
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|DRFT 101||Basic Drafting||3|
|DRFT 130||Computer-Assisted Drafting And Design I||5|
|DRFT 131||Computer-Assisted Drafting And Design II||5|
|Select 15 units of Drafting electives from the following:||15|
|Architectural Drafting I|
|Architectural Drafting II|
|Architectural Rendering I|
|Architectural Rendering II|
|Landscape Drafting I|
|Landscape Drafting II|
|Principles Of Residential Construction|
|CAD Drafting/Design III|
|Work Experience In Drafting 1|
|Independent Study In Drafting|
|Introduction to 3D Animation|
|Visual Effects for Film, Television and Gaming|
|3-D Character Animation|
|Select 3 units of Controlled electives from the following:||3|
|Statics And Strength Of Materials|
|Electronic Circuits 2|
|Electronic Circuits Laboratory|
DRFT 290 may be taken up to four times for a maximum of 4 units each time. Students may use a maximum of 16 units of DRFT 290 to satisfy the 18 units of drafting and controlled electives required for the degree.
ENGR 140 will also satisfy this requirement.
- Ability to prepare and understand technical drawings.
- Ability to use computer software to generate technical drawings.
- Obtain occupational knowledge and skills related to drafting.
- Understand methods, materials and technical skills related to design and construction.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.