Chemistry, Associate in Arts (AA)
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- One of the following three General Education options:
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|CHEM 155||General Chemistry I||5|
|CHEM 156||General Chemistry II||5|
|CHEM 211||Organic Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 212||Organic Chemistry II||3|
|CHEM 221||Organic Chemistry Laboratory I||2.3|
|CHEM 222||Organic Chemistry Laboratory II||2.5|
|Controlled Electives: Select 8 units from the following: 1||8-10|
or MATH 117H
|Elementary Statistics, Honors|
|Calculus for Biological Sciences, Social Sciences and Business I|
|Calculus For Biological Sciences, Social Sciences And Business II|
|Precalculus I - College Algebra And Functions|
|Precalculus II - College Algebra And Trigonometry|
|Calculus with Analytic Geometry I|
|Calculus With Analytic Geometry II|
|Mechanics Of Solids And Fluids|
|Electricity and Magnetism|
|Heat, Light and Modern Physics|
MATH 140 (21)/MATH 141 (22) and MATH 250/MATH 260 may also count toward the Controlled Electives requirement.
- Demonstrate proficiency in solving chemical mathematical problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in describing atomic structure, bonding and periodic trends.
- Demonstrate proficiency in naming and writing chemical formulas.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing balanced chemical equations and performing stoichiometric calculations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in predicting the outcome of chemical reactions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in assembling laboratory glassware and performing laboratory techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency in making and recording experimental observations and interpreting the results.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.